Tuesday 19 April 2016

The road to Aviles

So.......

This Sunday i took part in my first Triathlon after discovering I had qualified for the GB Age group squad. The event was the www.berkhamstedtriathlon.com a tough sprint distance event here in my very home town and on the site of my workplace so what more could you ask for?

Well, I was extremely happy to finish in 4th place overall, 2nd in my age group (40-44) and 1st local male (a prize created to encourage locals to participate) BUT I have just had a call to say they made a mistake with the chip for the guy that came in 3rd and in fact i was in third place. Total result as i was annoyed at being pipped by only 21 seconds.

A decent start on the #roadtoaviles

split times

no better feeling than having the family on the line

No comments:

Post a Comment