Monday 18 April 2016

First post = BIG news

Well.........

Today this happened! Some could say a dream came true, at 40 years old I never imagined that i would be donning a Team GB kit not to mention going to the World Championships to compete.

I'm not one for regret or resent as i believe things are in the past for a reason BUT turning 40 is where they say "LIFE BEGINS" and in reflection they couldn't be any more spot on but it is human nature to look back and reflect on your achievements in life, especially reaching such a poignant age.

I was coerced into cycling almost three years ago by a lifelong friend Kletos Pantazi and have loved every turn of the pedals ever since then. A short while later I discovered Triathlon and have always loved the personal battle and challenges that a Triathlete faces. After 6 or 7 events over a two year period I took place in the Bedford Duathlon where I qualified to represent my age groups at the ITU Duathlon World Championships in Aviles (Spain) on June 5th 2016.

Within this blog i aim to catch my preparation and #roadtoaviles All i can say is watch this space and thanks for your support and encouragement



No comments:

Post a Comment